Brewers Association Releases Top 50 Breweries of 2017 by Sales Volume

March 16, 2018 0

  BREWERS ASSOCIATION RELEASES 2017 TOP 50 BREWING COMPANIES BY SALES VOLUME  Boulder, Colo • March 14, 2018—The Brewers Association (BA)—the not-for-profit trade group representing small and independent craft brewers—today released its annual lists of the top 50 producing craft brewing companies and overall brewing companies in the U.S., based on beer sales volume. Of the top 50 overall brewing companies, 40 were small and independent Read More

There are Now 5,005 Breweries in the U.S.

December 9, 2016 0

It’s that time of year again; time for the Brewer’s Association’s stats to drop! Here’s what you’ll want to know: Brewery Count: Five thousand strong and growing, there are now 5,005 breweries in the U.S. compared to 10,000 wineries. Almost all (99%) are small and independent craft brewers. Continued Growth for the Segment: By mid-year, small and independent breweries grew Read More

U.S. Brewery Count Reaches All-Time High of 4,144 in 2015

December 2, 2015 0

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE December 2, 2015—The total number of U.S. breweries reached a record level in 2015, according to a year-end review from the Brewers Association. As of the end of November, there are now 4,144 breweries in the country, topping the historic high of 4,131 breweries in 1873. “This is a remarkable achievement, and it’s just the beginning,” said Bart Read More

2014 Craft Beer Annual Report from the Brewer’s Association

March 16, 2015 0

The annual report from the Brewer’s Association is one of my favorite emails each year. It is amazing to see the actual growth of a small and fighting industry quantified on paper. This year, for the first-time ever, craft brewers reached double-digit (11%) volume share of the marketplace. This is a huge stride that each and everyone of us helped Read More

The Year in Beer: 2014 Review via the Brewers Association

December 9, 2014 0

Can you believe we’re just a few weeks away from 2015? This year flew by! With the end of the year comes a lot of industry analysis, but trust The Brewer’s Association the most. Without further ado, check out 2014 in review’s key points: U.S. BREWERY COUNT RETURNS TO HISTORIC LEVELS. In November, the United States passed the mark of Read More

Brewers Assoc Mid-Year Report Shows Sustained Craft Beer Growth

July 28, 2014 0

Small and independent craft brewers enjoyed continued growth in the first half of 2014, according to new mid-year data released by the Brewers Association (BA). From January through the end of June 2014, approximately 10.6 million barrels of beer were sold by craft brewers, up from 9.0 million barrels over the first half of 2013. (Note: The 18 percent growth Read More

2013 Craft Beer Growth Reported

March 19, 2014 0

The Brewer’s Association has released their yearly post on the craft beer industry’s growth. Highlights of the recently published report include: In 2013, craft brewers reached 7.8 percent volume of the total U.S. beer market, up from 6.5 percent the previous year. Craft dollar share of the total U.S. beer market reached 14.3 percent in 2013, as retail dollar value Read More