IRON HILL BREWERY & RESTAURANT TURNS 20, CELEBRATING WITH A COMPANYWIDE TOAST AND CEREMONY AT THEIR ORIGINAL LOCATION IN NEWARK, DE
The beloved local brewery and restaurant group will raise a company-wide toast on 11/11, celebrating 20 years of thoughtful growth and a bold plan for the next 20 years and beyond
On Friday, November 11, Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant founders Kevin Finn, Mark Edelson and Kevin Davies will celebrate their 20th year in business with a festive company-wide toast at all 12 locations in Pennsylvania, Delaware and New Jersey. At 5 p.m., guests will enjoy a complimentary 8-oz. pour of Ferrous: Fe20 Anniversary Ale, a Brett Saison brewed exclusively for the celebration. In Newark, DE, their first location, all three owners will be on hand and will be joined by elected officials and state dignitaries. Ferrous: Fe20 Anniversary Ale was brewed exclusively for the 20th anniversary by Director of Brewery Operations Mark Edelson on site at the original Newark brewpub.
Starting at 4 p.m., all 12 Iron Hill locations, including Iron Hill Newark, will offer a very special tap takeover featuring eight of their most award-winning beers – all eight medal-winners on draft at one location, for the first time ever. The tap takeover will highlight Iron Hill’s first 20 years in business, while celebrating their future growth and expansion up and down the East Coast as the largest and fastest-growing collection of brewpubs in the Mid-Atlantic region.
The eight award-winning beers are all medal-winners from either the Great American Beer Festival (GABF) orWorld Beer Cup (WBC). These special and prized beers will be featured for a limited time across Iron Hill’s collection of breweries and restaurants and will include:
- Russian Imperial Stout, a full-bodied stout that starts with a complex, malt-y sweet, high-roasted character, balanced with the use of citrus-y American hops
- 2003 GABF gold; 2006 GABF gold; 2006 WBC bronze; 2010 GABF gold; 2010 WBC gold; 2011 GABF silver; 2012 WBC gold; 2012 GABF bronze; 2013 GABF silver; 2014 WBC gold; 2015 GABF silver; 2016 WBC silver
- Bedotter, a traditional Belgian-style golden ale with complex aroma and notes of plum, spice and banana, with refreshing balanced bitterness
- 2002-2004 GABF bronzes, 2014 GABF silver; 2016 WBC gold
- Lodestone Lager, a Munich-style pale ale with malt-y sweetness balanced by Noble hops and a clean, dry finish
- 2000 GABF bronze; 1997 GABF gold
- Rye of the Tiger, an amber American IPA flavored with rye malt and Nelson Sauvin hops for spicy grapefruit flavor and a touch of dryness in the finish
- 2014 GABF silver
- Black IPA, an American-style IPA with full malt flavor, pronounced bitterness and substantial hop flavor and aroma complemented by a touch of roast character
- 2012 GABF bronze
- The Cannibal, a golden Belgian-style ale with complex flavors and a dry finish accented by a nose of tropical fruit and dry spice
- 2005 GABF gold; 2006 WBC silver; 2015 GABF silver
- Overload Stout, an Imperial stout aged on rich chocolate nibs and locally roasted coffee
- 2016 WBC silver
- Lambic du Hill, a traditional, unfiltered Belgian-style lambic made with wild yeast and bacteria, aged in oak barrels for two years for aromas of banana, oak, hay and a nutty flavor with refreshing sourness
- 2003 GABF gold; 2008 GABF gold; 2010 WBC bronze
Their 20th anniversary caps a period of careful but exciting growth for Iron Hill. In August 2016, Iron Hill opened their 12th brewpub, in Huntingdon Valley, PA, with aims to double in size over the next five years. Earlier in the year, they announced a partnership with A&M Capital Opportunities, a private equity firm based out of Greenwich, CT. The cooperative partnership will allow Iron Hill to accelerate their thoughtful expansion throughout the United States from Massachusetts to Delaware and as far south as North Carolina.
“We are growing the company in a way that feels right to us, and we will never stray from the guiding principles that have made the past 20 years so special,” says Finn. “Our focus is on running a great brewery and restaurant, from top-notch service to the freshest ingredients. We are truly humbled by the reception and loyalty from our guests over the last two decades, and we look forward to raising even more pints in new markets in the years to come.”