FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Beginning on Friday, September 11, Iron Hill will pour a customer favorite that fans wait all year for: their famous Pumpkin Ale. Available through Halloween, Saturday October 31, pumpkin ale will be available in cans for the first time this year; the kitchen will also prepare and serve special Pumpkin Sriracha Wings to pair with the beer, which will be on tap at all 11 Iron Hill locations. As always, please check the official Iron Hill website for the most updated tap lists and detailed beer descriptions.
Pumpkin Ale is an Iron Hill fan favorite, poured only in the autumn annually. Here’s the deets:
- The medium-bodied copper ale is malty sweet, with balancing bitterness.
- Traditional pumpkin pie spices and vanilla are used instead of finishing hops.
- It will be available on draught in house and in four-packs of cans for take-out only.
- 16 oz. drafts will sell for $6.25 per pint; four-packs of cans will sell for $16.75
Iron Hill will be holding a social media contest for pumpkin lovers on Instagram!
- Fans are asked to post creative photos of themselves enjoying cans of Pumpkin Ale.
- Please use the hashtag #IronHillPumpkin when submitting images.
- One randomly selected winner will receive $100 Gift Card, redeemable at any location.
- Instagram contest will run from September 11 through September 20; and the winner will be announced on Monday, September 21.
Looking to fully complement the flavorful Pumpkin Ale, Iron Hill will prepare and serve new Pumpkin Sriracha Wings to accompany the seasonal beer. The wings are sweet and spicy, with a hint of pumpkin pie spice, served with bleu cheese and carrot and celery sticks. In addition, all 11 Iron Hill locations will be hosting pumpkin-themed food and beer events throughout the months of September and October:
- On Saturday, September 12 from 1 – 5 p.m., Iron Hill Wilmington will host Out of Our Gourds, featuring a Bocce Tournament and eight different pumpkin beer varieties including: Pumpkin Ale, Belgian Pumpkin Ale, Black & Pumpkin, Pumpkin Weiss, Charlie Pumpkin Brown, Blanche de Pumpkin, Vanilla Pumpkin Ale, and Coffee Pumpkin Porter.
- On Saturday, September 12 from 1 – 5 p.m., Iron Hill Maple Shade will officially introduce new head brewer Josh Ervine to the masses at Welcome, Great Pumpkin, with food and beer pairings and live music. Featured pumpkin beers will include: Pumpkin Ale, Imperial Pumpkin Ale, Cinderella’s Carriage, Bourbon Imperial Pumpkin Ale, Pumpkin Bourbon Russian, Coffee Pumpkin Stout, Punkdotter, and Biere de Gourde.
- On Saturday, September 12 from 12 noon – 4 p.m., Iron Hill Chestnut Hill will host Packin’ Pumpkin, a food and beer pairing event, featuring Pumpkin Ale, Cinderella’s Carriage, Ichabod Imperial Pumpkin Ale, and Pumpkin Coffee Stout.
- On Saturday, September 19 starting at 1 p.m., Iron Hill Ardmore will host Pumpkin Pint Night, a full day of fall-themed festivities, including the following pumpkin beers: Pumpkin Ale, Pumpkin Berliner Weiss, Cinderella’s Carriage, Bruce Camp-Ale, Ichabod Imperial Pumpkin Ale, and Imperial Pumpkin Ale.
- On Saturday, September 19 from 1 – 5 p.m., Iron Hill Phoenixville will host Welcome To Pumpkinville, featuring six pumpkin beer varieties, including: Pumpkin Ale, Cinderella’s Carriage, Ichabod Imperial Pumpkin Ale, Pumpkin Coffee Stout, Cask-Conditioned Honey-Vanilla Pumpkin Ale, and Pumpkin Weiss.
- On Saturday, October 3 from 1 – 5 p.m., Iron Hill Media will host Brew House of Horrors, a playful ode to The Simpsons’ annual Halloween TV special. They will pour eight pumpkin beers, including: Ichabod Imperial Pumpkin Ale, Imperial Pumpkin Ale, Charlie Pumpkin Brown, Gourdzilla IPA, Punktoberfest, Pumpkin Ale, Pumpkin Weiss, and Pie & Coffee. The restaurant will be serving a special menu based on The Simpsons as well.
- On Saturday, October 10 from 1 – 5 p.m., Iron Hill West Chester will host Gathering of the Gourds, featuring 16 different pumpkin beers from various Iron Hill locations and guest breweries including: Weyerbacher, Evil Genius, Dock Street, 2SP Brewing, and Elysian.
- On Saturday, October 10 from 1 – 5 p.m., Iron Hill Newark presents Hallowed Pumpkin Hill, an annual celebration of all things pumpkin, featuring six pumpkin beers including: Pumpkin Ale, Ichabod Imperial Pumpkin Ale, Pumpkin Coffee Stout, Smoke-o-Lantern, Bourbon Imperial Pumpkin Ale, and Great Pumpkin Stout.
- On Friday, October 16 from 1 – 4 p.m., Iron Hill Voorhees will host Out of the Gourdinary, featuring eight pumpkin beers including: Pumpkin Ale, Ichabod Imperial Pumpkin Ale, Pumpkin Coffee Stout, Charlie Pumpkin Brown, Pumpkin Weiss, Great Pumpkin Stout, Smoke-o-Lantern, and Bourbon Imperial Pumpkin Ale.
- On Saturday, October 17 from 1 – 5 p.m., Iron Hill North Wales will host the Tapping of the Great Pumpkin, an annual 5K run and pumpkin beer tasting. Six pumpkin beers will be available: Pumpkin Ale, Pumpkin Coffee Stout, Cinderella’s Carriage, Blanche de Pumpkin, Ichabod Imperial Pumpkin Ale, and Tam O’Shanter.
- On Saturday, October 31 from 12 noon – 3:30 p.m., Iron Hill Lancaster will close out the festivities with No Tricks, Just Treats – a full day of family fun in the restaurant’s private banquet room. They will be pouring six pumpkin beers, available for King of the Hill members starting at 11 a.m. There will also be a costume contest for children, along with a local face painter to keep the Halloween spirit going.