With much anticipation, the count down to the first ever Harrisburg Beer Week is upon us! In just two weeks, a plethora of over 140+ craft beer events will hit the greater Harrisburg area over a 9 day period. Some events take place on a particular day. Other features run through the entire week.
What’s really great? It’s not just about the beer. The Harrisburg River Rescue & Emergency Services benefits from sponsorship, merchandise sales and various fundraising/ticketed events during #HBGBeerWeek. Craft Beer + A Good Cause = Warm & Fuzzies. Let’s all make a point to contribute to this incredible all-volunteer organization and inititative.
But here are some things I found most interesting. I especially like that there are events for all levels of craft beer imbibers whether you’re just starting out or are quite the expert. Something for everyone.
- Wyndridge Farm Food & Beer Prix Fixe Menu – Apr 24 – May 2, Cafe Fresco Center City Harrisburg
- Chimay & Cheese Pairing – Apr 24, 7pm, Wegman’s
- Victory Brewing Co Beer Dinner – Apr 26, 6pm, The Mill in Hershey
- Dutch Beer & Artisanal Chocolate Pairing – Apr 27, 7pm, Black Gryphon
- St. Boniface Beer & Cheese Pairing – Apr 28, 5pm, Rubicon
- Deschutes Beer & Food Pairing – Apr 29, 5pm, Sturges Speakeasy
- Troegs Beer & Ice Cream Pairing – May 1, 6-9pm, Grain + Verse Bottlehouse
- Wyndridge Farm Beer & Cider Pairing Dinner – May 1, 6pm, Noonan’s Tavern
FESTS! FESTS! FESTS!
- PA Flavor – Apr 25, 1-5pm, PA Farm Show Complex
- Battle of the Homebrew Clubs – Apr 26, 1-5pm, Federal Taphouse Harrisburg
- The Little Big Beer Fest – May 2, 2-5pm, Abbey Bar at ABC Harrisburg
- Lager 101 with ABC + Sampling – Apr 27, 6-8pm, ABC Mechanicsburg
- Beer Science – Apr 28, 1-4pm, Al’s of Hampden
- Lancaster Brewing Co. Meet the Brewer – Apr 28, 5-7pm, LBC Harrisburg
- Craft Beer 101 – Apr 29, 6-7:30pm, Cafe 1500
- PA Women in Craft Beer Conference – May 1, 5-8pm, JPL
- Learn to Homebrew – May 2, 9am-Noon, Al’s of Hampden
- Official Kick-off Party with 3 Bands – Apr 24, 7pm, Abbey Bar at ABC Harrisburg
- ‘Brewed in the Burg’ Documentary – Apr 28, 7pm, Midtown Cinema
- ‘Beer Wars’ Movie – Apr 29, 30 & May 1, 7pm, Midtown Cinema
- Brew Pong – Apr 30, 10pm, Riverhouse Bar & Grill
NEW, UNUSUAL & RARE BREWS
- 717 Collaboration Ale from Troegs, ABC & Pizza Boy. Made specially for Harrisburg Beer Week!
- Evolution Brewing Double Barrel-Aged Brews – Apr 24, Brewhouse Grille
- Imminent Liquidation V Bottle Share – Apr 25, 12-4pm, Grain + Verse Bottlehouse
- Victory Brewing Co. Firkin – Apr 25, 5pm, Brewhouse Grille
- Stouts & Stilettos Saison 28 Release Party (aka Tierney’s Birthday Beer) – Apr 28, 8:30pm, Zeroday Brewing Co.
Note… this is an after-party for folks who have attended the FREE ‘Brewed in the Burg’ Documentary.
- Great Lakes Brewing Co. Limited Releases – Apr 28, All Day, The Warwick Hotel
- Evil Genius Randall Party – Apr 29, 7pm, Federal Taphouse Harrisburg
- Draai Laag Brewing Co. & Meet the Brewer – Apr 30, 6pm, Black Gryphon
- Moo-Duck Brewery Special Beer Release – Apr 30, 6:30-7:30pm, Moo-Duck Brewery
- Arooga’s Double Wingstinguisher IPA Firkin – May 1, 5:30pm, Arooga’s Hershey
- The Little Big Beer Fest (festival of high ABV beers and brews made just for this event) – May 2, 2-5pm, Abbey Bar at ABC Harrisburg
BE IN THE KNOW…
Be sure to sign up for the Harrisburg Beer Week email alerts. They will be sending one every day of HBW so you get a list of the events going on that day.
(Follow Me On: Twitter & Untapped: @dzyngrl | Instagram: @dzyngrl14)