Today, August 2nd, is the second annual IPA Day! IPA Day is a joyous universal celebration of craft beer. There are many many ways to celebrate today, but www.IPAday.org has some great suggestions:
1. Organize an IPA Day event at your brewery, brewpub, restaurant, bar, bottle shop, home, or office. Share your events. Post your events to the CraftBeer.com Event Calendar.
2. On August 2nd, share your photos, videos, blog posts, tasting notes, recipes, and thoughts with the world. Be sure to tag your posts on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, and other social media platforms with #IPADay hashtag.
4. Become a craft beer steward in your community. Encourage non-craft beer drinkers to take a break from their normal beverage routine and join the collective toast on August 2nd. Set the goal of converting at least one person, if not the whole world of drinkers, into an IPA lover!
While IPAs are definitely not my style of choice, I will still be imbibing with a few today to celebrate my love of craft. Be sure to check in on Untappd to earn your IPA Day badge as well!
In the Harrisburg area, here are just a few events you can take advantage of:
- Anthony’s Micropub offers 1/2 off of beer from 4-6.
- Pete’s Old Town Bar will be having a Troegs event with plenty of IPAs from 7-9
- Shady McGrady’s has 1/2 off of beer from 4-6.
- Arooga’s Downtown is serving up $4 Troegs Pereptual IPA’s all day.
- Coakleys will have $5 Troegs Perpetual IPA and Founders IPA
Plus many, many more! Get out there to your favorite watering hole and spread the love!