As summer is winding down, the beer fest season is still going strong. One in particular that caught my eye for attending in August is the second annual Gettysburg Brew Fest that benefits the Lutheran Theological Seminary.
WHEN IS IT?
August 22, 2015 from 4:30-8:00 pm (general admission)
WHERE IS IT?
The Lutheran Theological Seminary
61 Seminary Ridge, Gettysburg, PA
Believe it or not there are quite a few breweries on the list that I have yet to try so I’ll definitely be attending this fest. These are the ones I’m looking forward to sampling: Aldus, Something Wicked, South County, Battlefield Brew Works, Full Tilt, Good Intent Cider, New Holland, Sixpoint, Whitehorse, Warehouse Gourmet Brew Pub and Susquehanna Brewing.
And, there’s the tried and trusted breweries on my go-to list that will be serving up brews as well: Lagunitas, Starr Hill, Molly Pitcher, Big Hill Cider Works, Otter Creek, just to name a few.
Be sure to check out the entire lineup: > View Brewery List
(This is a 21+ and older event)
VIP tickets are already sold out this year. Sorry, guys! But there are a dwindling amount of General Admission tickets for sale that includes a commemorative sampling pint glass, unlimited brew and cider samples and music. Cost: $45 + Handling Fees. Get your tickets asap because this will sell out. Got my tickets. Now go buy yours!
IMPORTANT: The Gettysburg Brew Fest is a “rain or shine” event and an important fundraiser for the non-profit Lutheran Theological Seminary, so NO REFUNDS WILL BE OFFERED.
Four food trucks will be serving up good eats:
- Uncle Moe’s Soul Food
- Mad Dash Gourmet Grilled Cheese
- Uncle Paul’s Stuffed Pretzels
- Pork Authority BBQ
Lots of fun stuff to purchase! I have my heart set on the pink ladies tee and the zip up hooded sweatshirt.
Cash or credit is accepted for payment. But here’s an insider tip. Use cash to make the transaction go faster… getting you back to your beer sampling enjoyment.
- FREE parking and a FREE shuttle to and from the Brew Fest. The address for the parking lot is 941 Fairfield Road in Gettysburg – it is the Tom Livelsberger Kia lot near the YWCA entrance.
- Borough Parking Garage on Race Horse Alley, behind the Gettysburg Hotel.
- Lutheran Seminary (behind Valentine Hall)
- Along Springs Avenue
- YWCA after 3:00 pm (the Y is open on Saturday, so please allow members to have first access to parking).
- Shuttles ($1 each way) from the downtown Transit Center to the Brew Fest will be offered until 8:30pm (final pick-up time at the Rabbit Transit bus stop on Seminary Ridge). > View Schedule
Regardless of where you park, please DO NOT walk through privately owned yards near the seminary. Thank you!
FIND & TRACK YOUR BREWS
There is a handy app for Android users who want to locate a particular brewery or beer while at the fest. You can also keep track of what you sampled.
- Adams Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Finch Services, Inc.
- Huston-Fox Financial Advisory Services
- Liberty Mountain Resort
- Roaring Springs Premium Spring Water
- Screamin’ Sicilian Pizza
(Follow Me On: Twitter & Untappd: @dzyngrl | Instagram: @dzyngrl14)